Friday 26 August 2016

Happy pokerversary


I don't have time to write today. I need to finish boxing up my office before the removal men come tomorrow. But I can't let today go by without marking it with a little blog post. I don't know which day we would have celebrated our anniversary; there were so many stages to our coming together. But this day last year was the start of it. It was the day we started to fall in love.

Sometimes I can't believe this year happened. Soon I will have been grieving for you as long as we were together. It makes me wonder, sometimes, whether this much pain is a fair price to pay for such a short period of happiness. Is it really better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?

Of course, it is.

So amidst the packing and the stress and the heartbreaking sadness of moving into my dream house without you by my side, I am taking a moment to celebrate a wonderful man, a wonderful love and a fabulous first date that I will never forget. How lucky I was to love you and to be loved by you.

Happy pokerversary Blacksmith.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment